Are you having trouble looking for new and effective ways to market your property? If so, we have an idea: Film a video walkthrough tour of your property!
While it may seem daunting, you have all the tools you need in one device: your phone!
But how do you create a video walkthrough that is high quality, professional, and successfully attracts people to your property, all while only using your phone? Well, there are many simple, yet effective steps you can take to ensure that your video looks its absolute best.
Keep reading for the five steps to make a video walkthrough for your property using just your phone.
1. Prepare the Property
First, it’s important that your property is clean and adequately prepared for the walkthrough video tour. This will take more than just vacuuming the floors and wiping the countertops!
You will need to pay attention to every small detail of how the property is presented, in addition to optimizing the natural lighting of the home.
Below is a general checklist to help you prepare for your property video tour:
- Make sure that all the light bulbs in the home are functioning and that they are all the same color.
- Get rid of any clutter that may be present in each room. This includes hiding any garbage cans if this is possible.
- Make sure all of the glass surfaces are clean and do not have any streaks or fingerprints.
- Hang up your nicest decor towels in the bathroom and kitchen.
- Make sure the lid of the toilet is closed.
- Limit the number of items that are in the bathroom. This includes things like shampoo and conditioner, soap dispensers, or other products that may clutter the space.
- Make sure all of the TVs are turned off and that remotes are put away or hidden from view.
- Put your best pillows on display in the sitting areas and couches.
- Put effort into the exterior of the home. You might want to mow the lawn in the front and back yards, rake leaves, or weed the garden.
- Make sure there are no vehicles in the driveway of the property.
- Ensure that any outdoor furniture that is visible is in good shape.
2. Make Sure That Your Phone Has Enough Free Storage
Before you begin capturing footage for your video walkthrough tour, it is important to make sure that your device has enough storage space available. This project may take up a significant amount of space on your phone, and the last thing you want is to run out of storage halfway through your walkthrough tour of the property.
You can do this by deleting apps that you no longer use, and backing any files up onto your computer to remove them from your device.
3. Film Your Virtual Tour
Once all of the lights in the property have been turned on and the curtains have been pulled back to optimize the natural lighting in the home, you’re ready to start filming your video!
When you film your virtual tour, be sure to walk slowly and steadily through the home.
Film five to ten-second clips and record each one individually. That way, if one of the small clips doesn’t turn out quite the way you want it to, you can quickly reshoot it instead of starting the video tour all over.
This will ultimately save you a lot of time and energy in the editing process. Repeat this process in each room of the house, including the entrance and the outdoor spaces.
When it comes to audio, you have a couple of options:
- You can either explain the details, such as the finishes or selling points, while you film in each room; or,
- You can choose to just record a voiceover separately and add it to the video in the editing process.
Here are some tips to help you get only the highest-quality shots for your video tour:
- Regularly clean the camera lens of your phone. You can use a microfiber cloth to wipe away dust, fingerprints, or debris quickly between each shot. Taking the extra few seconds to do this frequently can make all the difference when it comes to the quality of your video content!
- Film each shot in landscape mode.
- Try using a tripod or a selfie stick to improve stabilization and decrease movement in your shots.
- If you choose to speak in the video tour, be sure to write a script for yourself. Having a script for each clip or room of the home will help you to focus on the main selling points of the property and prevent you from rambling.
- If you aren’t sure whether a certain shot will end up turning out the way you want it to, film several from different angles and approaches, and choose the best one later in the editing process. The more options you have, the better!
- Avoid using the zoom function while filming your video tour. iPhones feature a digital zoom rather than an optical zoom, so this will only make the video look grainy and low quality.
- Turn on airplane mode on your phone when you start filming to prevent interruptions and unnecessary noises from notifications that may pop up.
- Plan as much as you can in advance. The more you are able to plan, the better your video will be!
4. Edit Your Video Walkthrough
Now that you’ve filmed all of your shots using the tips above, you should have some awesome content to work with. The higher the quality of your video content, the easier it will be to edit a compelling video walkthrough!
During the editing process, be sure to stay on brand with your company. Put logos in the video’s intro and outro and provide your contact information.
You can either use your phone to edit your walkthrough video tour or you can use an editing application like Adobe Premiere if you wish to go the extra mile and make your video as professional as possible.
If you choose to edit the video on your phone, you can use a tool like iMovie to get similar results.
5. Use Your Video to Attract Prospects
After you have shot and edited a high-quality video walkthrough tour of your property, it’s time to optimize this marketing tool to attract your target audience.
Here are some ways to get more eyes on your video and market your property:
- Make sure to include the video on any property rental sites you use to advertise your listings.
- Post all the videos for any homes you are marketing to your company’s official YouTube channel.
- Include the video in any digital brochures to increase the number of eyes on your property.
- Put the walkthrough video on your company website.
- Post your walkthrough video on all of your social media channels, including Instagram and Facebook.
- Include video clips in any email marketing that you have set up. You can also feature a new property each week if you have time.
These five tips will help you market your property and create a high-quality, professional video walkthrough tour to attract your target audience. If you’re just starting a property management company, these extra tactics can be a huge help.
Video marketing is an extremely powerful and effective marketing tool, and by optimizing this tool, you can elevate your business and take your marketing strategy to the next level. The best part is, all you need is your phone!